Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Happy (Paper) Halloween!

Alternatively titled "Using Paper When You Are Low on Paper" get it?
image

Bad puns aside this year's Halloween decor budget was a healthy $0. Apparently getting your car totaled will put the kibosh on any decorating budget. Yet I was still determined to decorate for Halloween this year. In the city (or at least in my neighborhood) if you don't have decorations then NOBODY will stop at your house. I bought a ton of candy last year and I only had one trick or treater. (note: we ate all the candy, it was not good for my diet.) 

image


image

image

Since we were low on funds (read: zero funds) this year I decided to make all of window decorations using only paper, black sharpie, pages out of an old book, and candles. Lucky for me we live in an age of pinterest and I was able to find many helpful projects here , here, and here. The instructions were very easy to follow and I think that they turned out nicely. I also was able to grab a few things around the house to repurpose as halloween decorations. We had this great black cat statue as well as some owl figurines that my husband bought me for Christmas. 
image
image

Although I didn't use typical orange or buy anything from the store I think that the decorations came out nicely. The decorations (while homemade) are cute and indicate that we are , in fact, giving out candy to trick or treaters (at least I hope). That's all for now! 
image

UPDATE: We had quite a few trick-or-treaters this year and much of the candy was given away. The rest will be consumed by us (don't judge me!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment