Sunday, November 10, 2013

Come on Craig: Craig's List Find #1

When I first learned about Craig's List oh so many years ago, I was perplexed. "Why would any one meet up with a stranger to buy their hand me downs?" I couldn't help but imagine some crazy person behind a computer waiting to lure his latest victim with promises of an insanely good deal. (Blame my over protective parents and years of America's Most Wanted). Once I got over my paranoia and made my first purchase I was hooked!  So you can imagine my enthusiasm with the purchase of this gorgeous piece of bamboo furniture:

Do you see what I see?!

Isn't it just to die for?! Some other members of my family (Read: Husband) needed some convincing ,but in the end I was triumphant. We picked up our zipcar and zoomed over to our destination to pick up the chair. The seller and his sister were super nice and we talked about furniture, home decor, and Baltimore row homes. I could have kept talking ,but since we had a zipcar time was money (literally).

The thing about that this chair that caused me to fall in love with it was this gorgeous back:


Fun Fact: It took a whole night of pleading to get my husband to cave on this chair. 

Many people aren't really fans of bamboo furniture, but that's just because they haven't seen quality. There are so many examples of great quality bamboo furniture like these:






         Eclectic Family Room by Dc Metro Interior Designers & Decorators alison giese Interiors


These pictures have given me the inspiration to tackle the first long term project of this blog. I'm going to paint and reupholster this chair! It's going to be a long road, but with some patience and perseverance it's going to be an exciting experience. That's all for now!





No comments:

Post a Comment